Support Theatre Washington
Your donation to Theatre Washington helps support our mission to work in partnership with the Washington, DC region’s dynamic professional theatre community of theatre-makers, institutions, and audiences to strengthen the theatrical workforce, cultivate and invigorate theatre-goers, and celebrate extraordinary theatre on Washington, DC-area stages. We have recently:
- Held our annual celebration of the Helen Hayes Awards in a virtual space, creating time and space for theatre-makers to be in community and celebrate their achievements and each other.
- Engaged AROW (Abolishing Racism and Oppression in the Workplace), a program of Young Playwrights’ Theater, to lead over 35 partner theatres in a Community of Practice, examining how to establish antiracist and anti-oppressive values and put those values to practice in their work in the arts and our community.
- Started a thoughtful restructuring of our volunteer model by evaluating our Board and committees structures. The goals and expected outcomes are to be more accessible, transparent, and reflective of anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices.
- Hosted and facilitated the annual Theatre Summit, virtually in 2021, to create and foster conversation, dialogue, and shared understanding between theatre-makers and theatre institutions.
- Raised over $600,000 for the Taking Care Fund, distributing over 600 grants to theatre-makers who found themselves out of work in 2020 and 2021.
- Supported a united effort with over 30 theatres to provide the highest level of public safety for audiences, artists, staff, and volunteers as we return to live performance.